Total Tayangan Halaman

Sabtu, 03 Maret 2012

Why should we complain?

Two days ago, I went to buy some "lotek", a kind of vegetable salad, at a stall by the street. It was just 10 in the morning and there weren't many customers yet. Probably I was the first to come. Out of the blue, the seller came up with her complaints all the way from her tiredness to the raised rent fee,. She even told me about her daughter who often gets angry when she asked her to prepare the "warung". Well, I'm just nobody to her, just someone who happened to drop by to buy her food but how could she told me about that? Does she also tell the same things to other people? What I could do was just listening and nodding :D


 

My concern is not how she told me about everything that should be off – the – record but the complaints she made about everything. I just thought how ungrateful this person is. The next hours, I passed her warung again, and there were some people enjoying their lunch. I think she earns more than enough in a day. But she still complains? Since the first time I saw this "lotek" stall until now, I've seen no changes. It even gets messier. If many people keep on coming to her 'warung" , she will be able to get more money and able to improve her "warung". In my opinion, she forgets how to thank.


 

I don't know whether it is just a coincidence. I often see people who complain much and their life is no better than what it's supposed to be. This shows how ungrateful we are towards life. As a result, some of us will never get anywhere in life eventhough we have worked hard. Complaining is normal. Most of us do that even in the smallest form such as complaining about the hot weather. But, have we ever realized the effect towards our lives? We will never feel enough for how much we have. Our life is far from enjoyable. We are so busy to get "something" more and more that we even forget how to feel grateful. Whatever we do will be useless because we always think that what we do is not enough.


 

So, let's learn how to feel grateful for whatever we have.

2 komentar:

  1. I've met some people who aren't really thankful with what they have. Once i ever asked them if they knew that people would tell them how ungrateful they were. Surprisingly, some of them said, they're not us, they don't know how it feels to be us. Sigh! Pathetic, huh?

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Thanks for the comment sista! This is the reality though. that's why we, esp. I, must learn how to be thankful, and how not to complain easily how hard the problem is.

      Hapus